A Smart TV app that does the same as Showbox Time would be awesome but it doesn’t exist (yet). However, there are a few ways you can watch your favorite movies and TV-shows on your flatscreen.
- Hook your unit up to the TV with an HDMI. The simple solution
- Get an Android TV or and sideload the app (method is for Nexus Player but should also work for an Android TV)
- Hook an android stick PC up to your TV and install an app.
- “Cast” to your flatscreen using a Chromecast (doesn’t work for all versions/clones/forks)
- A Chromecast is a gadget you plug in to one of your TV’s HDMI sockets and connect to your WiFi. This way you can use the Chromecast as a streaming “bridge” that can play content from Netflix, Youtube etc. directly on your TV without using a cable. Also works for some of the Showbox Time apps
- Play the file to your TV using DLNA (doesn’t work for all versions either)
- This way you use a Playstation 4 or Xbox One for playback on your TV